Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
As the impact of COVID-19 continues to evolve, our community’s health, well-being, and security remain our highest priorities. To ensure we are acting on the latest information and guidance, we are carefully monitoring the situation and adjusting
our business operations and practices, as needed, based on the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
As always, we want you to feel confident that your money is protected and safe. Know that BankUnited is well capitalized and financially strong. Additionally, our liquidity levels are well-positioned and we have robust processes in place to monitor the
ongoing liquidity of the bank as we continue to navigate through this time of economic uncertainty.
Over the last month, our Business Continuity leadership team has been taking proactive measures to ensure all of our banking activities remain uninterrupted while creating a safe environment for all of our employees. This means, amongst other actions,
deploying teams across critical functions to multiple locations, suspending business travel and enabling support personnel to work remotely.
We have provided information below on the various ways you may continue to access your accounts.
Branches in Florida
• Effective Monday, March 23rd, BankUnited will be transitioning all branch operations to drive-through with lobby appointments only.
• Effective Friday, March 27th, drive-through hours at all branch locations is Monday through Friday 9 am – 4 pm ET.
• Branches that do not have a drive-through will be temporarily closed. To find your nearest available branch, use our branch locator.
• Local branch team members will be available on a limited basis by appointment to assist with safe deposit box access, accommodations for ADA needs and other transactions requiring face-to-face interaction.
• Please contact our dedicated Client Care Center line at (305) 818-8300 to make an appointment.
Banking Centers in New York
• Effective Monday, March 23rd, the banking centers in New York will transition to the following:
- Limited lobby access from 10 am - 3 pm ET
- Drive-through and appointment only from 10 am – 3 pm ET
- Temporarily closed until further notice. Please call to make an appointment.
These operational changes will be in effect until further notice. We will update this information as soon as any changes are made.
We strongly encourage you to take advantage of our digital banking services for 24/7 access to your accounts from the comfort of your home. You may access your accounts online or by using our mobile banking app at your convenience. From there, you can
make payments, view transactions, transfer money, deposit checks, check your balance and much more.
Call our Client Care Center at (877) 779-2265 Monday through Friday, 8 am–8 pm ET and Saturday, 9 am–2 pm ET to speak with a representative about your banking needs.
Our BankUnited ATMs will remain open 24/7. Use our ATMs to get cash, transfer funds and check balances. Click here to
find an ATM near you.
Protecting Yourself Against Identity Theft and Fraud
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to escalate, fraudsters are taking advantage of these vulnerable and uncertain times to steal personal data and financial information. It is important to stay vigilant during these times to protect yourself and your
family. Click here to learn more about ways you can protect your information.
Please continue to check this site for ongoing updates as this situation evolves.
For the most recent information on COVID-19, we encourage you to access the CDC website.
Thank you for your unwavering support and confidence. Please stay safe.