Doing Business with BankUnited
At BankUnited, we define success by building strong relationships. And our supplier partnerships play a key role in delivering on that promise. In addition to providing world-class service to our clients and shareholders, they help elevate our brand and strengthen our competitive position. To become a member of our team we look for supplier partners who share BankUnited’s values of integrity, capability and knowledge. We also look for partners who can meet the following criteria:
- Deliver the best combination of price, quality and capability
- Demonstrate an interest in teamwork, innovation and continuous improvement
- Provide services and products of interest to us and our clients
- Show expertise in products and services that match our needs
- Can demonstrate compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Adhere to strict BankUnited guidelines as outlined in our Supplier Code of Conduct
At BankUnited, we believe our suppliers should reflect the rich diversity of the communities we serve. A more inclusive supply chain helps BankUnited identify products and services that are timely and relevant. That’s why we’re committed to identifying and doing business with qualified firms from all segments of the community including those owned and operated by minorities, women, military veterans, people with disabilities and other historically underrepresented groups.
Vendor/Supplier Code of Conduct
As part of our commitment to partnering with innovative third-party suppliers, BankUnited places the utmost emphasis on the ethical behavior of the suppliers we contract with. In keeping with the high standards we hold ourselves to, we’ve developed the BankUnited Vendor Code of Conduct that outlines the expectations of our third-party suppliers. Prior to registering, please read our Vendor Code of Conduct to be considered for potential work with BankUnited.
Click here for the Vendor Code of Conduct document.